At Malahide Veterinary Clinic our areas of expertise covers all companion animals including dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, birds as well as exotics such as snakes and reptiles, and chelonians such as tortoises and terrapins. All pets are cared for in a modern, well-equipped environment where the welfare of our patients is our primary concern.
We provide the widest range of the most up to date methods and practices in order to treat your pet over their lifetime. Our services include the following:
- Surgical procedures including routine neutering, cryosurgery and specialist orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery all carried out in dedicated operating theatre where each patient is assessed prior to undergoing surgery and anaesthetic agents chosen accordingly
- Cardiology including long term management and supportive care
- Specialist Prescription Food
- Fertility management
- Dentistry (advanced techniques are also available)
- Dietary advice
- Health profiles including geriatric profiles
- Pet passports
- Therapeutic grooming
- Cat boarding
- Pet Cremation
Across our 3 practices we offer a vast array of diagnostic facilities to enable our vets to provide a fast and thorough throughput of cases. Our facilities include the following:
- Haematology and biochemistry blood test analysers
- Serology and hormone assays
- Microscopy / Skin scrapes, hair plucks, blood and vaginal smears
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- X-ray including myelogram
- CT Scan
We encourage that where possible, our clients have pet insurance as vet bills can be expensive particularly if your pet has complicated health problems that require long term care and management. Pet insurance also means we can fully investigate any health issues your pet may have using all the range of diagnostic facilities we have access to and offer the most up to date treatment that veterinary medicine can provide.
Malahide Veterinary Clinic has a new hydrotherapy underwater treadmill for pets. Hydrotherapy is an important aspect of rehabilitation and a proven treatment method. It provides a low risk exercise option to improve health and function. The underwater treadmill is an excellent rehabilitation and treatment tool.
Proven benefits have been shown in treating spinal conditions e.g. disc disease, joint disease and injuries e.g. arthritis, muscular conditions, and post surgical return to function. Use of the underwater treadmill is also beneficial to pets that have no injury as such, as it increase mobility, fitness and provides weight loss.
Most dogs love it and after a session their mood is improved, due to release of endorphins. It is very suitable to geriatric pets, and the benefits are great for these older patients. In essence hydrotherapy provides pain relief, anti-inflammatory effect, decreased muscle tension and spasm and mood improvement due to the release of endorphins.
In case of emergency
Emergencies will always be dealt with as a priority. In the case of emergencies, please call ahead on 01 845 0675 when possible so that staff and necessary equipment will be ready for your arrival.
Outside of normal hours use our dedicated emergency number: